The proposal for Pan Lancashire and South Cumbria is to develop a training network of key stakeholders who currently deliver or commission training, working together under the umbrella and branding of the Joint Training Partnership with the aim of delivering training according to mutually agreed objectives
The following list of benefits is by no means exhaustive but provides a flavour of the benefits of developing a joined-up approach to training.
- Cost effective/adds value
- Provides learning, development and training opportunities that enables health and social care staff to train together with people with learning disabilities, carers and members of the voluntary sector to support the delivery of joined up integrated care.
- Strengthens collaborative approaches and partnership work across the area for example collaborative bids for external funding
- An opportunity to develop some consistent quality standards for training and development and to embed these within contracts and quality schedules. By raising the overall skill level of the workforce there should be a rise in the quality of care provided.
- The ability to coordinate a tiered range of training to meet different needs.
The Joint Training Partnership will directly commission training in the form of workshops, conferences and other learning opportunities. It will also use this website as a hub, a one stop shop to signpost and inform people about training activities taking place across the area, the region and nationally if relevant. Many of these training opportunities will be bookable online using this website
Over the next 12 months we will also aim to develop a range of resources
- Slide packs for a half and a full day training event/s on a range of topics with links to associated resources
- Confident team of trainers who have accessed Train the Trainer activities
- Webinar presentations
- Podcast presentations
- Online training packages using platforms such as Moodle
- Curriculum plan to support mangers to facilitate action learning sets
- Resource for supervisors to help them to evaluate learning and the impact of learning in practice in the work place
- Online resource bank
- Topic related virtual interest groups using Linked In or Whats App